Zucchini and tuna pancakes mille-feuille
Eva (Gourmet Bilbao) participates in our recipe for kids contest with a spectacular mille-feuille made of delicious tuna and zucchini pancakes. She tells us that she prepares it with her nephews from time to time. It sounds like a great plan to us: prepare the mixture, build the pancake tower...
- Yellowfin Tuna in olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Virgin olive oil
- Wash the zucchini well, as you will cook them with skin.
- Grate them (Eva used a cheese grater) and drain in a colander with some salt to get rid of all the water. Set aside.
- Drain the Yellowfin Tuna. Finely shred and set aside.
- Mix half the tuna with mayonnaise and keep in the fridge.
- Grate the cheese and set aside.
- Beat 2 eggs and set aside.
- Add the yeast to the flour and mix well.
- In a large bowl, mix the well-drained zucchini with the other half of the Yellowfin Tuna and grated cheese.
- Add the beaten egg and mix everything.
- Finally, add the flour and yeast mixture little by little, as you may not need all the flour. When everything is well mixed, move to the next step.
- Heat a pan with a little olive oil. You may also use a grill.
- With a spoon, place small piles of the mixture in the pan and crush to form a pancake.
- When the sides begin to brown, flip them with a silicone spatula.
- Once browned on both sides, place them on a plate with paper towel to release excess oil.
- Repeat until the mixture is finished.
- Let’s assemble the dish: on the presentation plate, place a pancake and a tablespoon of the tuna and mayonnaise mixture kept in the fridge. Place another pancake and repeat until the mixture of tuna and mayonnaise is finished.
Ready to eat!
Yellowfin tuna. 212 g jar
If you like this recipe, you can make it at home with the yellowfin tuna available in our online store.Buy