Sapore di maaaaaareeee….! Today we’re travelling to Italy with Toñi, with her adaptation of the traditional spaghetti alle vongole (spaghetti with clams) where she substitutes the clams with tinned cockles. Don’t miss it! And don’t miss her blog either, Mi Cocina – Carmen Rosa.
- Large Cockles
- Sweet white onion – 1/2
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Fresh basil
- Bay – the tip of a leaf
- Sweet paprika – one tbsp
- White wine – 1/2 glass
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- In a frying pan with a generous dash of olive oil, slowly sauté the onion and garlic, after salting them, with care so they don’t get burnt.
- Remove it from the heat and add the paprika and bay leaf; stir and add the liquid from the tin of cockles and the wine. Put the frying pan on the heat again.
- Heat until boiling.
- Add the cockles.
- Cover the frying pan and leave on low heat for a couple of minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti following the maker’s instructions.
- Once cooked, rinse them and put them in a deep platter.
- Add the cockles with the sauce on top and decorate with the basil leaves.
A true gastronomic piacere, thanks Toñi!