You probably already know how well Cantabrian anchovies go with avocado or piquillo peppers. Well, imagine what this recipe that Manuel has sent in to us is like, combining these three great ingredients with mastery and adding a very personal touch.
- Avocado – 1
- Anchovies from the Bay of Biscay– 12
- Piquillo peppers – 4 (if they are from Lodosa, even better)
- Black garlic – 3 cloves of black garlic chopped and steeped in extra virgin olive oil for an hour beforehand
- Parsley oil
You can prepare the cloves of garlic and the parsley oil beforehand. Manuel says that he makes a larger amount, as he usually uses them for other recipes.
- In a food ring place a layer of avocado slices.
- Cover with piquillo peppers.
- Add another layer of avocado and finish off with peppers.
- Cover with the anchovies, the black garlic and chopped spring onion.
- Remove the ring and add a dash of parsley oil.
A delicious combination. Thanks, Manuel!