Green bean salad with anchovy, mozzarella, quince jelly and pine nut oil.
Today we're going to make a surprising green bean salad in the form of a timbale. The recipe that Merce has sent in for our recipe competition is full of surprises that will delight the most demanding palates.
- Green beans - 200 g
- Shallots - 2
- Tomatoes - 2 strong flavoured
- Buffalo Mozzarella - 250 g
- Quince jelly - 100 g
- Anchovies from the Bay of Biscay - 8 fillets
- Sweet greens - 50 g
- For the pine nut oil
- Pine nuts - 50 g
- Mild olive oil - 1 dl
- Honey - 20 g
- Wash the green beans, cut into strips and steam for about 7 minutes (until al dente), drain and put aside.
- Peel and finely chop the shallots and sauté in a saucepan with a little oil.
- When they begin to brown, add the tomatoes (with skin and seeds removed), cut into large chunks, toss in the pan for a few seconds, remove and allow to cool.
- Cut the mozzarella and quince jelly into small cubes.
- Prepare the pine nut oil: lightly roast the pine nuts in the oven, heat the honey in a saucepan and add the oil and pine nuts. Season and put aside.
- Place a dish on a plate and in it put a quarter of the green beans, the diced tomato with the shallots on top, add the mozzarella, quince and anchovies, and finish off with the sweet greens.
- Dress with pine nut oil.
Scrumptious! Thanks, Merce!
If you like this recipe, you can prepare it at home with:
Cantabrian anchovies in olive oil. 50 g tin
Cantabrian anchovy fillets in olive oil, carefully selected by Serrats, in olive oil.Buy