Baked tuna dumplings with homemade tomato sauce
Do you already know what you are going to have for dinner this New Year’s Eve? What do you think of making some baked dumplings as a starter? You can try Sara’s recipe (@conmisfotosenmicocina) which also has a delicious homemade tomato sauce.
Croquettes and other fried foods are usually a very common starter in family celebrations such as Christmas, but they are hard work, and sometimes they take away our hunger to enjoy other delicious recipes. Baked dumplings are lighter and easier to make, so they can be a perfect alternative. In addition, children can help close the wafers. They will love it!
- Wafers - One pack
- White tuna in olive oil - 2 cans or a jar
- Piquillo peppers - one jar
- Beaten egg - One ( to “paint” the dumplings)
- Homemade tomato sauce
- Pear tomatoes - 700 g
- Onion - 1
- Leek - 1
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Brown sugar - 1/2 teaspoon
First, prepare the homemade tomato sauce:
- In a deep frying pan, poach the onion and leek.
- Add the grated tomato and season. Sprinkle the sugar and oregano.
Once the tomato sauce is made, you can now make the dumplings:
- Add the shredded tuna and the finely chopped piquillo peppers. Mix everything well.
- Fill the wafers with the mixture.
- Close the edges with the help of a fork.
- Paint each wafer with a beaten egg and put them on the baking tray.
- Bake until are well browned and crispy.
Impossible to eat just only one. Thank you, Sara!
Yellowfin tuna. 212 g jar
If you like this recipe, you can make it at home with the yellowfin tuna available in our online store.Buy