Tomato sponge cake, beer mousse and Serrats anchovies
Amazing, creamy, delicious... Like in a fancy restaurant. This is the recipe for Tomato sponge cake, beer mousse and Serrats anchovies sent by David. Perfect to treat yourself or delight your guests. If you also want more ideas to complete the menu, we recommend you visit his blog Recetas Bon Appetit where you will find many other spectacular recipes.
- Salted anchovies - 12 fillets
- To make the beer mousse:
- Beer - 120 ml
- Neutral gelatin - one sheet
- Cream cheese - 150 g
- Whipping cream - 200 ml
- To make the tomato sponge cake:
- Eggs - 4
- Flour - 20 g
- Powdered yeast - 1/2 teaspoon
- Tomato powder - 20 g
- In addition, for this preparation you will need:
- Siphon with two loads
- Plastic cups
Tomato sponge cake:
- Mix all the ingredients with a blender. That is, the beaten egg together with the flour, the yeast, the tomato powder, a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pass the mixture through a fine sieve to avoid any lumps.
- Put the mixture in a siphon, close it and put two loads of N2O. Shake the siphon vigorously and leave it to rest in the fridge for approximately 1 hour and a half.
- When ready, with the help of a knife, make two or three incisions at the base of the plastic cups. Then, fill a little less than ¾ of the glasses with the mixture that is in the siphon.
- Put them in the microwave one at a time and cook them at maximum power for 40 seconds. Once this time has elapsed, remove them and place them face down to cool down.
- With a knife, unmold each cake, separating it carefully.
- Hydrate the gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes. Drain it well.
- In a saucepan, heat the beer until it begins to boil. Remove from the heat, dissolve the gelatin in it and let it cool.
- Add the cheese to the beer and mix it all.
- Beat the cream and add it to the previous mixture gently with encircling movements.
- Fill a pastry bag with a curly tip with the mousse and put it in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Break the cake in half and place it on a plate.
- Next to the cake, put some beer mousse balls.
- Finally, on top of each sponge cake, place the Serrats anchovy fillets.
Truly luxurious... Thank you, David!
Cantabrian anchovies in olive oil. 85 g tin
If you like this recipe, you can prepare it at home with the Cantabrian anchovies available in our online store.Buy