You know those canapés that disappear off the tray as soon as they leave the kitchen? Yes, those. The ones that are so delicious they vanish. Well, the White Tuna canapés that Manuel has sent us to participate in the recipe competition are precisely the ones we mean.
Take note for your next party or family meal. It’ll be a success!
- Sliced bread – 12 slices
- White Tuna in olive oil – 4 small tins
- Surimi – 4 sticks
- Black olives – 24, pitted
- Round toothpicks – 24
- Peppers of three colours – one pack
- Mayonnaise – 200 g
- Orange juice – 1/2 glass
- Ketchup – 2 tbsp
- Brandy – 1 tbsp
- Tabasco – 1 tsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Rinse the White Tuna (always leaving a little) and crush it; if required, add salt.
- Add the mayonnaise (minus for a cup for the pink sauce) and mix. Set aside.
- Prepare the pink sauce, with the cup of mayonnaise, the orange juice, the brandy, the mustard, the tabasco and the ketchup.
- Remove the crust from the sliced bread and mix with the tuna and mayonnaise mixture as you would a sandwich.
- Cut each sandwich into four pieces.
- Spread the pink sauce on top of each mini-sandwich.
- Finely chop the surimi sticks and previously peeled peppers. Sprinkle over the mini-sandwiches.
- Finally, insert a round toothpick and on top of that a black olive on each canapé.
Delicious, thanks Manuel!