David from Cocinando en Guadarrama has entered our recipe competition with a pintxo full of contrasting flavours and textures: savoury, sweet, sour, crunchy, soft, creamy, cold… He says that his initial idea was to make a white tuna belly fillet salad with tomato, piquillo peppers and cheese, but in the end he decided on something different and added the cheese ice cream.
The result? A simple, quick and surprising recipe.
- One tin of white tuna belly fillets
- One piquillo pepper
- One tomato
- One scoop of home-made cheese ice cream
- Olive oil
- Savoury biscuits
- Parsley to taste
- Make the piquillo pepper sauce (blend the pepper along with a slug of olive oil) and set aside.
- Wash the tomato and cut a slice. Set aside.
- Crush the savoury biscuits (this can easily be done by hand) and sprinkle over the plate which will be used to serve the pintxo.
- Place the slice of tomato on the plate.
- Take a scoop of the cheese ice cream and place on top of the tomato slice.
- Place two strips of white tuna belly on the plate with the tomato and the ice cream.
- Dress with the piquillo pepper sauce.
- Sprinkle some chopped parsley on top.
Deliciously surprising – thanks David!