Is there anything better than hearing Mmm, delicious!! when somebody bites into a dish that you’ve prepared? Well, that’s exactly what Charo made us say with her warm toast topped with tuna, apple and cheese that was sent in for the recipe competition. And if you want to hear that phrase at home, or you just want to shout it from the rooftops, take note:
- 185 g yellowfin tuna in olive oil (drained)
- One apple (peeled, cored and diced)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 spring onion, cut into rings
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices of German rye bread
- 4 slices of cheese (Gouda or similar)
- A pinch of sweet paprika to sprinkle on top
- Mix all the ingredients together except the bread, cheese and paprika.
- Spread the mixture on top of the bread.
- Top with cheese and grill until it has melted.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve (Charo recommends leaving out the cheese and paprika if you’re serving the dish cold).
Exquisite! Thanks Charo!