When our friend Sofía takes out the ladle, we grab our knives and forks and take our seats at the table, looking forward to tasting the dish she has sent in for our recipe competition. On the menu this time are grilled eggs stuffed with tuna, a dish which is great as a starter or on the side and really popular with children. Well, actually… we say children… but we love it too!
- 8 large eggs
- 100 g tuna in olive oil
- 200 g fried tomato sauce
- Cheese for grilling
For the bechamel sauce:
- A dash of extra virgin olive oil
- 25 g of butter
- 1 heaped tablespoon of flour
- 400 ml of milk
- Chopped parsley
- Put the eggs in a pan, cover them with water and bring to the boil. When the water starts boiling, leave them for 10 minutes.
- When the eggs are cooked, take them out of the pan and allow to cool before removing the shells.
- Cut them down the middle, take out the yolks and place the egg whites on an oven tray.
- Mix the tuna in olive oil with the fried tomato sauce and stuff the mixture into each egg.
- Chop up a bit of egg yolk and sprinkle over the top.
- And now for the bechamel sauce:
- Heat a dash of extra virgin olive oil and the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the flour and stir well until it turns golden.
- Start adding the milk little by little, stirring constantly so as to avoid any lumps.
- When you can see that the bechamel sauce has come together nicely, sprinkle in a little chopped parsley and add salt to taste.
- Pour the bechamel sauce over the eggs so that they are all covered.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Pop the tray under the grill and cook until golden.
Ready to serve!
A very tempting dish! Thank you, Sofía!