My oh my, this recipe that Sandra has sent in from the blog Els Fogons de la Bordeta look just fantastic.
Tuna and white sauce in perfect harmony… We love that friendship that makes our stomach so very happy. Simply exquisite, sublime. Our heads are spinning. We’re in love.
- 3 tins of Serrats white tuna (Albacore)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 10 pitted olives
- 1/2 onion
- 200 g puréed tomato
- 10 cannelloni sheets
- Cheese for cooking au gratin
- Oil, salt and pepper
For the white sauce:
- 40 g of butter
- 40 g of flour
- 400 ml of milk
- Start by preparing the white sauce, melting the butter and adding the flour, letting it cook to get rid of the raw taste. Gradually, while constantly stirring, add the hot milk, until it reaches the right texture.
- Add salt and pepper to the white sauce and set aside.
- Start boiling the eggs.
- In a frying pan with some oil, lightly fry the finely-chopped onion and add the puréed tomato cooking it in till it is ready. Remove from the heat.
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs and chop them into very small pieces; do the same with the olives.
- Add them to the tomato sauce along with four spoonfuls of the white sauce that was previously prepared, and the white tuna (from which you will have rinsed the oil). Set the filling aside.
- Boil the cannelloni sheets according to the indications on the package, put them in a bowl with cold water for a moment and leave them on a cloth to rinse them.
- Fill them with the tuna filling, roll them and put them on a metal oven tray with some white sauce spread on it.
- Cover the cannelloni with the rest of the white sauce, grate some cheese over them (we also grated some Parmesan cheese), and add some small pieces of butter.
- Cook in the oven at 220°C top and bottom for 10 minutes, and for five minutes more with the grill.