Sandwiches are a really handy dish for summer. We can also make them as imaginative as we want and create some truly gourmet dishes, such as this idea that Marta has sent in for the recipe competition.
- One tin of white tuna belly (ventresca)
- Surimi baby eels
- Salad tomato
- Chilli pepper
- Soy sauce
- Multigrain bread
- Cut half a clove of garlic into slices and set the other half aside.
- Pour a dash of oil into a frying pan and cook the chilli and sliced garlic until slightly golden.
- When they have started to brown, turn up the heat and add the surimi baby eels. Fry for a couple of minutes.
- Peel and dice the tomato and cucumber.
- Make a mild garlic mayonnaise by adding one egg, the garlic clove half that we set aside, a pinch of salt, a dash of lemon and a few drops of soy sauce into a blending jug. Insert the blender to the bottom and keep it on the highest setting without moving it; when you see that the mixture is getting thicker, you can start to lift and lower the blender gently.
- Spread a layer of mayonnaise onto the multigrain bread.
- Add the diced tomato and cucumber and a generous amount of ventresca tuna.
- Top with the surimi baby eels.
- Now sit back and enjoy!!
A spectacular sandwich. Thank you, Marta!