There are dishes that can put a smile on our face and make our mouth water with just the presentation. And if they are as delicious as today’s recipe, our guests will be thrilled. Dolores has delighted us again with her creativity when presenting her dishes, with these charming tuna and shrimp flans.
Ready to go into the kitchen?
- A 250 gram jar of Serrats white tuna
- 1/4 kg peeled shrimps (set a few aside to decorate the flans)
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1/4 L liquid cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 large tablespoon fried tomato sauce
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pink sauce (or ketchup and mayonnaise) and green shoots to go with the flan
- Cucumber slices and shrimps to decorate the dish
- Heat the oven to 180º.
- Put the eggs in the mixer bowl with the white tuna (breaking it up as you add it) and the shrimps (set some aside for decorating).
- Beat it until it is well mixed.
- In a cup, mix the cornflour with the cream until there are no lumps.
- Combine the two mixtures and add the fried tomato sauce.
- Add salt and pepper and beat until it is all well mixed.
- Grease 6 small molds with a bit of oil (if they are not silicone) and pour in the mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pink sauce by mixing one tablespoonful of mayonnaise with a teaspoonful of ketchup.
- When serving, unmold the seafood cream flan and decorate it with a boiled shrimp.
- Decorate to taste. Dolores has added some star-shaped slices of cucumber, some green shoots and some drops of pink sauce.
- Serve warm and enjoy!