At last! We’re now well into June and the sun’s started to honour us with its presence. And in our kitchen we celebrate it with one of those quick and cool recipes, ideal for the new season we are about to welcome.
These tomatoes with filling sent in to us by Sofía are a delicacy, like everything she prepares when she Gets her spoon out. If you’re going to have a look at her blog, we recommend that you have a snack or something to eat at hand, because we guarantee that it will open up your appetite. Big time.
- 4 large, ripe tomatoes.
- 200g of yellowfin tuna in oil.
- 150 g of fresh goat’s cheese.
- 1 clove of garlic.
- Basil leaves.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Salt and pepper.
- Prepare the tomatoes:
- Cut the tomatoes horizontally into 3 layers.
- Remove the seeds.
- Dry the slices with absorbent paper, without mixing the layers.
- Cheese layer
- With a fork, mix the cheese with the finely chopped garlic and basil leaves.
- Season with some oil, salt and pepper.
- Put this mixture in the bottom of the tomatoes and cover with the central slice.
- Tuna layer
- Crumble the tuna, add salt and pepper and spread it on the tomatoes.
- Cover with the top of the tomatoes.
- Season and serve
- In a blender, mix oil and some basil leaves.
- Serve decorated with basil leaves and pour the oil over it.
Perfect for summer, thanks Sofía!