Pedro has sent us a recipe that you will love: piquillo peppers stuffed with a delicious combination of tuna, crab sticks, lettuce and mayonnaise. He tells us that he usually serves these as a “tapa” on a piece of toasted bread when he has friends or relatives visiting, but that we can also enjoy them as a main dish.
We think they are both great options
How about you?
- 16 piquillo peppers
- 16 crab sticks (small)
- The heart of a lettuce
- A jar of yellowfin tuna
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Remove the piquillo peppers from the jar.
- Leave the tuna to drain.
- Chop up the crab sticks or give them a quick go in the mincer until they are well chopped. Set aside in a bowl.
- Chop the lettuce in the same way as the crab sticks and add it to the bowl.
- Crumble the tuna and add it to the bowl.
- Mix everything thoroughly and add the mayonnaise. Mix again.
- Now taste the mixture and, if necessary, add a pinch of salt.
- Leave it in the refrigerator for half an hour to cool.
- Now stuff the peppers with the mixture using a teaspoon.
- Serve them either as a “tapa” on a piece of toast or as a main dish.
Delicious! Thanks, Pedro!