Our friend Roberta is back, and this time she has conjured up a fantastic Italian dish: Spaghetti with sardines. Roberta informs us that she has just arrived in Barcelona from Italy, and it seems she’s brought lots of interesting and exciting recipes with her. That’s certainly good news for us! This simple yet delicious pasta dish is a fantastic option for a snack or evening meal. It will take you no time to make and it embodies the very essence of Italian cuisine. Benvenuta Roberta; do your thing!
- 320 grams of spaghetti
- 1 tin of sardines of Conservas Serrats
- 1 medium-sized onion
- Half a glass of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp of breadcrumbs
- Place the oil and the finely-chopped onion in a frying pan
- Sauté the onion
- Add the sardines, making sure to drain them beforehand, and sauté them together with the onion for a few minutes
- Cook the pasta following the instructions on the packet, making sure to add a little salt and olive oil
- It’s best to stop cooking the spaghetti 3 minutes before the end of the recommended time. When this is the case, remove, drain, and add to the frying pan, in which the onion and sardines are frying, and finish cooking. Add breadcrumbs and allow the pasta to absorb the flavour of the sardines
- Serve hot
Now it’s time to raise a glass to Italy and get stuck in!