It’s official! It’s now December and we’re kicking off the Christmas canapé competition season!
We will publish them throughout December, so that everyone can use and enjoy ideas for their dinners and lunches, and after Christmas we’ll choose the winning recipes.
We’ll start with a delicious proposal by Agustín that we can prepare in a moment.
- Marinated anchovies – 2 tins
- Mussels in brine – 1 tin
- Cheese spread – 1 tub
- Piquillo peppers – 1 tin
- Tomato marmalade – 1 jar
- Black olives – boneless, one tin
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh dill – or fresh parsley
- Small crunchy seeded bread loaves – 4
- Start by preparing the mussel cream: open the tin and remove the brine (you can keep it for another recipe); add the rinsed mussels and the cheese to the blender jug and mix them until you get a homogeneous paste.
- Cut the small bread loaves into slices 1/2 to 1 cm thick and spread the mussel and cheese cream on them.
- Add some tomato marmalade and on this the piquillo peppers (also rinsed).
- Finish off the canapés with some marinated anchovies (which have previously been removed from the vinaigrette and left to macerate in some virgin olive oil and powdered garlic), some finely chopped fresh dill (or parsley) sprinkled on top and some black olive cut into slices.
- Last of all, spray some extra virgin olive oil over them.
Simple and very appetising, thanks Agustín!