Sonia has once again taken part in our recipe competition. And her entry is the ideal recipe for surprising your guests. Because stuffed and grilled scallop shells are always a hit: with scallops, hake, prawns… We can create any seafood filling we want, but we’re going to stick with Sonia’s suggestion: yellowfin tuna and mussels in brine. Give them a try and you’ll see 😉
- Tuna in olive oil
- Mussels in brine
- 1 onion
- Fish stock
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper
- Grated cheese
- Scallop shells for stuffing
- Heat the butter and flour in a frying pan. Stir and leave to cook a while, making sure that the ingredients don’t burn.
- Add a small glass of milk and another of fish stock, and stir well to avoid any lumps. Leave to cook for 5-6 minutes until you get a thick béchamel sauce (if it’s too thick, add a little more stock and milk).
- Add the salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Toss in the chopped mussels and drained tuna.
- Fill the shells with the resulting mixture.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the stuffed shells.
- Pop them under the grill for a few minutes until they are golden.
Absolutely delicious! Thank you Sonia!