How do you get the Galician coast in a pepper? It’s all right, we haven’t gone mad; we know well that you can’t stuff in the coast as such, but we can put in all its flavour. This is what Esperanza de la Macarena has done with the peppers stuffed with cockles and mussels that she has prepared for our recipe competition.
- 4 Italian peppers
- 2 spring onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tins of Rías Gallegas mussels
- 2 tins of Rías Gallegas cockles
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 100 g of flour
- 2 glasses of milk
- Prepare the white sauce (heat 4 tablespoonfuls of virgin olive oil in a frying pan; add the flour, stirring non-stop until it is browned; add the hot milk and stir on medium heat for 10 minutes) and put aside.
- Chop 2 cloves of garlic and 3 or 4 parsley sprigs, and fry it on low heat in another frying pan.
- Add 2 chopped spring onions and sauté until browned.
- Add the cockles whole and the mussels cut in half, and sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Add this mixture to the white sauce, and sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Fill the peppers with a teaspoon.
- Place them in a preheated oven and cook for 30 minutes at 170ºC.
Peppers full of seafood flavour, thanks Esperanza de la Macarena!