Although in these parts the sun can be quite evasive, June is here and we can’t wait to greet the summer with open arms. With open arms, our mouth watering and our fork at the ready. Because every time one of our gastronomy’s summer dishes is placed before us, such as a salad, we smack our lips. We love any one of its many variations!
So to get things going, we’re dashing into the kitchen right now to prepare Soledad‘s proposal.
- 3 eggs
- Pitted olives
- King prawns
- Crab sticks
- 1 tin of tuna
- Mussels in brine
- Piquillo peppers for decorating (optional)
- Dice the potatoes and carrots and boil them.
- Boil the eggs.
- Chop up the boiled king prawns, the crab sticks and the mussels (without the brine), mix it all and place in a bowl.
- Grate the hard-boiled eggs (set one aside for decorating).
- Chop the olives and add them to the bowl along with the tuna.
Add the boiled potatoes and carrots.
Add a few spoonfuls of mayonnaise and mix well.
- Place the mixture on the platter you will use to serve it and cover the entire surface with more mayonnaise until you have an even surface.
- Grate the egg yolk over the salad and decorate with strips of pepper, olives and some boiled prawns (this step is optional and Soledad says that in this case she skipped it because her children don’t like it).
Delicious! Thanks Soledad!