Here we are with more cool summertime recipes! Juana has sent us a seafood pie that will bring together those who go for “say it with flowers” and those who go for “conquer their taste buds“. Having seen her culinary skills, we can definitely say we’re unconditional fans of Juani’s kitchen!
- 1 loaf of sliced bread to make pies
- 1 jar of mayonnaise
- 1 lettuce
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tin of Serrats tuna
- 1 tin of Serrats sardines
- 9 crab sticks
- Red pepper
- Courgette or cucumber
- Grate the hard-boiled eggs.
- Finely chop the lettuce.
- In a bowl, mix the lettuce and the grated egg with three tablespoonfuls of mayonnaise.
- Divide the mixture into three equal parts, to make three pâtés:
- Crush the sardines on a plate after first removing the bones, and add them to one of the parts along with some drops of lemon. Mix and set aside.
- Do the same with the tuna, but without the lemon.
- Repeat with the crab, also without lemon.
- In a rectangular mould lined with clingfilm, and trying to make it protrude over the sides, start to assemble the pie:
- Place the first layer of bread at the bottom and spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on it.
- Pour on the crab pâté, spreading it well.
- Lay down another layer of bread and spread mayonnaise on it.
- Spread the sardine pâté.
- Lay down another layer of bread with mayonnaise.
- Spread the tuna pâté.
- Cover with a new layer of bread.
- Cover with clingfilm and place it in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Plate the pie by overturning it on a platter, spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on top and decorate with carrot, pepper, courgette, cucumber and chive flowers and leaves.