Dolores is taking part again in our recipe competition. And we’re delighted, because today she is surprising us with a refreshing combination of sardines and ajoblanco, with a touch of apple confit. We encourage you to try this recipe at home.
- For the ajoblanco:
- 75 g of almonds
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 slices of the previous day’s bread
- 60 g of olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 150 g of water
- 1 teaspoonful of vinegar
- 1 tin of sardines in olive oil
- 1 apple
- One tbsp of olive oil
- Laminated almonds
- For the ajoblanco, mix the broken up bread, the peeled garlic clove, the almonds, the salt, the vinegar and the oil. Blend until a very thick cream is achieved.
- Add water until you achieve the texture you want it to have.
- Peel the apple, cut it into small dice and stir-fry it in a frying pan with a spoonful of olive oil.
- Pour the ajoblanco on the bottom of the plate and place the sardines on top.
- On each sardine, make a line with the apple stir-fry and decorate with laminated almonds.
Original and refreshing! Thanks Dolores!