What is a cipuddata? It’s possible that you’ve asked yourselves this when you saw the title of today’s recipe. You have probably figured out that it’s an Italian recipe, but of you’re wondering whether it’s a type of pasta, a pizza or a salad, let us tell you that it’s a Sicilian recipe based on onions (generally red onions). Don’t miss Roberta’s recipe!
- 2 red onions
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup of white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoonful of brown sugar
- Black peppercorns
- 2 tins of Serrats sardines in olive oil (240 g)
- 4 slices of homemade bread
- Basil leaves for decorating
- Slice the onions and put them in a frying pan with the oil.
- Cook on low heat until. they are soft, without letting then burn.
- Mix the cup of vinegar with the sugar and some freshly ground pepper.
- Pour this mixture over the onions and cook for two minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Open the tins of sardines, drain them and chop them.
- Toast the slices of bread in the oven until they are crispy.
- On each plate, place a slice of bread and on this some pieces of sardine and sweet-and-sour onion.
- Decorate with a basil leaf.
Delicious! Thanks, Roberta!