Wholegrain pasta salad with vegetables and White Tuna
How are you doing this strange month of October? We hope you are all doing your best! To face the final stretch of the year with energy, we bring you this complete wholemeal pasta salad with vegetables and White Tuna that Iratxe sends us for our recipe contest. Whole-wheat pasta is healthier than white pasta, and if we also add broccoli, carrots and White Tuna, we have a very complete meal.
You can dress this salad just with salt, EVOO and vinegar, for a healthier version, or give it a little touch with a little Caesar sauce. What option do you prefer?
- Radiattori type whole-wheat pasta - (if you don’t have radiattori, it can be any short whole wheat pasta)
- White Tuna
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cesar sauce - (optional)
- Cook the whole-wheat pasta in boiling water for the time indicated on the package. Drain with cold water to cool.
- Wash and boil the broccoli for 8 or 10 minutes, depending on how you want it (more or less done). Drain and let cool.
- Put the pasta and broccoli in a salad bowl.
- Peel a carrot and cut thin strips with the help of a peeler. Add to the salad bowl with the whole-wheat pasta and the broccoli.
- Add some white tuna loins.
- Season to taste with salt, EVOO and vinegar.
- Add a little Caesar sauce if you like.
Simple, complete and delicious. Thanks, Iratxe!
If you like this recipe, you can prepare it at home with:
White Tuna in Olive Oil. 250 g jar
White Tuna (Albacore) loins carefully selected by “Serrats” Preserves, in olive oil and packaged in a glass jar.Buy