White Tuna in olive oil empanada with filling
Yum, the delicious White Tuna empanada! We love empanadas with all kinds of fillings, they are so versatile! Antonio prepared a delicious vegetable filling and added a touch from the sea (not to be missed!) with our White Tuna. Do not miss his "White Tuna empanada with filling" and take note of the idea of cooking vegetables with the tuna oil.
- White Tuna in olive oil - 3 cans
- Dough - 2 round empanada or puff pastry doughs, homemade or processed
- Red pepper - one large one
- Green pepper - 2 or 3
- Carrots - two large ones
- Onions - 2 or 3
- Garlic - two cloves
- Tomato - one jar, natural or fried (homemade style)
- Hard-boiled eggs - 2
- Virgin olive oil
- Eggplant - (optional)
- Zucchini - (optional)
- Finely chop the vegetables separately.
- Cook the onion in the White Tuna oil for a few minutes; add the carrot, and cook for a few more minutes; then the red pepper, followed by green peppers, garlic ... And finally, the tomato previously fried in virgin olive oil and oregano. (Antonio tells us that this vegetable filling is also delicious with zucchini and/or eggplant).
- Cook everything for a few more minutes so that the flavors are mixed and everything is tender. Add salt to taste and remove from heat.
- Place one of the two doughs in the oven tray, on greaseproof paper. Distribute the vegetable filling, followed by the crumbled White Tuna. Add the sliced hard-boiled eggs. Place the second dough on top and shape the edges.
- Finally, prick the upper dough and place in the oven at 180 degrees, with heat up and down, for 20-25 minutes while keeping an eye on it to prevent it from browning too much.
Sooo good! Thanks Antonio!
White Tuna in olive oil 150 g
If you like this recipe, you can make it at home with the White Tuna available in our online store.Buy