White Tuna Belly with seasonal vegetables
Close your eyes and imagine delicious seasonal vegetables accompanied by juicy flakes of White Tuna belly. Doesn´t it make your mouth water? That's what happened to us with Carmen's recipe. A healthy recipe if ever there was one. And delicious, too! Carmen tells us that the secret to this recipe is to use seasonal vegetables in order to provide the best flavour. So, depending on when you prepare the recipe, make sure you use the vegetables that are in season. And don’t hold skimp with the tuna belly!
- Shred and sauté the spring onion.
- Add the fresh peas and cook until tender.
- Prepare the broccoli separately in another pan and with very little oil. Cook until "al dente".
- Put the vegetables together and place them in a dish.
- Open the tin of White Tuna belly and add the flakes between the vegetables. Carmen tells us that it is important to leave this step to the end. She explains that she does not like put the tuna belly in the pan, because she does not like it to be hot. She prefers to expose it just to the heat of the vegetables at the last moment.
- Add a good trickle of extra virgin olive oil (using the olive oil from the tuna belly also adds good flavour) and salt flakes.
A healthy and delicious combination!