White Tuna and squid eggs salad
When it comes to preparing a salad, every chef has his own agenda... Special ingredients, family secrets... The salad world is a whole universe! Today, we bring you a salad recipe from La cocina de María José Fernández, with a double sea twist: the White Tuna and the squid eggs (“choco” in Spanish). Did you know that these eggs are part of the female squid reproductive system? A highly valued part!
- Potatoes - 1 kg
- White Tuna - 150 g
- Squid eggs - 150 g
- Green peas - 100 g
- Carrots - 100 g
- Hard-boiled egg - (optional)
- For the mayonnaise
- Pasteurized egg - 80 g
- Mild olive oil - 200 ml
- A little Jerez vinegar - (cherry vinegar)
- Cook the squid eggs and set aside (keep the water).
- Cook the potatoes, chop and set aside.
- Cook the chopped green peas and carrots in the water used to cook the squid eggs.
- Make a mayonnaise with the oil, egg, salt and vinegar.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the chopped potatoes, carrots, green peas and squid eggs.
- Add the White Tuna.
- Serve garnished with hard-boiled egg if desired (optional).
Deliciously surprising. Thanks María José!
If you like this recipe, you can prepare it at home with:
White Tuna in Olive Oil. 250 g jar
White Tuna (Albacore) loins carefully selected by “Serrats” Preserves, in olive oil and packaged in a glass jar.Buy