Tuna-stuffed courgette gratin
Today we present the tuna-stuffed courgette gratin sent in by Sofia as her entry in our recipe contest. Some well-fried vegetables, a bit of yellowfin tuna and a touch of gratin make this dish a delight for the whole family. Hungry? Well this recipe is easy to make. And while it´s cooking in the oven, we recommend you take a look at Sofía's blog and discover more of her tasty dishes.
- Round courgettes - 2
- Onion - 1/2
- Red pepper - 1/2
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Yellowfin tuna
- Cheese - for the gratin
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
- Remove the top part of the courgettes and scoop out their flesh.
- Chop up the courgette flesh.
- Put the courgettes to cook in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Remove and place them on kitchen paper to drain. Put them aside.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion, pepper and garlic.
- In a pan with two tablespoons of oil, sauté the onion and garlic.
- When it begins to change colour, add the red pepper.
- When the pepper starts to soften, add the courgette.
- Add a little cumin, season and leave the vegetables to continue cooking.
- When ready, add the tuna, stirring it in, and remove from the heat.
- Fill the courgette with the vegetable and tuna mixture, put the cheese on top and place in the oven to gratin.
- When we see that the cheese is melted and golden, remove from the oven and serve.
Delicious! Thanks, Sofia!