Tuna, black olives and piquillo peppers canapés
We started our X Christmas Canapés Serrats Contest with a quick and simple recipe, but delicious: some tuna canapés with black olives and piquillo peppers.
The mixture of tuna and mayonnaise gives a lot of scope when making pintxos, stuffed eggs ... And in this case, Iratxe adds a touch of chopped black olive, which adds flavor and texture.
She tells us that one of the tricks in this recipe is to toast the base in the pan, with a little oil, instead of in the toaster. In addition, she finish the canapés with piquillo peppers, to give it flavor and color.
- Drain the tuna, crumble it and mix it with the mayonnaise.
- Add some chopped black olives and mix again.
- Cut piquillo peppers into strips.
- Cut the bread into slices and pass them through the pan with a drizzle of olive oil, until they are toasted.
- Spread the tuna, mayonnaise and olive mixture over the toasts.
- Decorate each canapé with a strip of piquillo peppers.
Delicious version of a classic recipe. Thanks, Iratxe!
Yellowfin tuna. 212 g jar
If you like this recipe, you can make it at home with the yellowfin tuna available in our online store.Buy