Tuna and anchovy salad on gazpacho jelly
A tuna and anchovy salad is already a delicacy. However, what do you tell me if we also present it on a gazpacho jelly? Spectacular, right? That is not all... The recipe that Margarita sends us (from the blog Entre amigos) for our special salad contest it has several special touches that make it perfect for this summer.
If you have never prepared a gazpacho jelly, don’t panic. Although it sounds complex, it is easier than it seems, and Margarita explains perfectly how to do it.
Moreover, while the base of our salad cools, we can take advantage to roast the peppers.
Our White Tuna and our cantabrian Anchovies provide the perfect marine touch to this refreshing and surprising salad.
Finally, the final touch, adding a surprising pistachio oil to the salad (like gazpacho jelly, although it sounds complicated, it is easier than it seems).
Do you want to prepare it at home? Here is the recipe:
- White tuna in olive oil
- Cantabrian anchovies
- White pepper
- Tri-color peppers
- Tender shoots of spinach and arugula
- Black olives
- Small radishes
- Neutral jelly - 3 sheets
- Virgin olive oil
- Apple vinegar
- Black salt flakes
How to prepare gazpacho jelly:
The first step of the recipe is to prepare a gazpacho jelly, which will be the base of the salad:
- In the mixer, mix half a kilo of tomatoes, a white pepper, a half a cucumber, a piece of onion, a garlic, salt, oil and vinegar.
- Soak 3 sheets of neutral gelatin in a little water for 5 minutes.
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of gazpacho, add the drained gelatin and mix until completely dissolved.
- Add the mixture to the gazpacho, stirring well.
How to prepare salad ingredients:
- Fill a silicone mold with the gazpacho jelly and put in the fridge; let it cool for 3 to 4 hours.
- Roast the tricolor peppers in the oven.
- Once roasted, peel them cut into strips and add salt and olive oil.
Make the anchovy and tuna salad:
- Place the gazpacho jelly base on the plate.
- Add on the gelatin some tomato slices, with the roasted peppers, the Cantabrian Anchovy fillets, the White Tuna in flakes, the tender sprout sprouts and arugula, some black olives, onion rings, radish rings, pistachios, pine nuts and black salt flakes
- To serve the dish, sprinkle with pistachio oil (the pistachios are peeled, they are put in the microwave for a few minutes with a little water and salt, when they cool they remove the brown skin that covers them, and chop into a mortar with virgin olive).
Delicious. Thanks, Margarita!
If you like this recipe, you can prepare it at home with:
Cantabrian anchovies in olive oil. 50 g tin
Cantabrian anchovy fillets in olive oil, carefully selected by Serrats, in olive oil.Buy
White Tuna in Olive Oil. 250 g jar
White Tuna (Albacore) loins carefully selected by “Serrats” Preserves, in olive oil and packaged in a glass jar.Buy