Today it´s the turn of Italian cuisine, everyone. Sicilian, to be precise. And more specifically, from Trapani, the westernmost province of the island. Today we´re on our travels with Agnes (Sabor a cocina) and her Trapani-style macaroni. Take a look at this recipe, because in 30 minutes it will help you make a very tasty dish.
- Macaroni - 400 g
- Parmesan cheese - 40 g
- Almonds - 80g
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Red chilli pepper - one
- Basil - a bunch
- Cantabrian anchovies
- Cherry tomatoes - 300 g
- Olive oil
- Cook the pasta.
- Peel the almonds, grate the cheese, peel the garlic and cut the chilli pepper.
- Crush the almonds, garlic, chilli pepper, Parmesan cheese, basil, three Cantabrian anchovy fillets and the tomato until a paste is formed.
- Add a stream of olive oil and mix.
- When the pasta is cooked, keep a little of the cooking water, and mix it into the sauce.
- Add a Cantabrian anchovy fillet to each dish of pasta (optionally, you can also add some slices of cherry tomatoes).
Our taste buds love to travel. Thanks, Agnes!