Totopos (nachos) of corn with salad
Eli debuts in our recipe contest with a delicious one, perfect for this weekend: some Totopos (or nachos) with salad.
The Spanish potatoes salad is one of those dishes in which each one has its own trick (some put Tuna and others put White Tuna; some add Cantabrian anchovies and others not; with or without carrots, peas, pepper strips ...). In any case, it is always a success!
We can also find many ways to present it: on slices of bread, with bread sticks ... Or in a way as original as Eli’s: with Totopos. These crispy fried or toasted corn tortilla pieces are also called nachos, but in reality, nachos are a plate of Totopos covered with cheese and other ingredients. Whatever we call them, we love Eli’s proposal to serve them with salad.
If you like his recipe, we encourage you to look at his Instagram account @mira_mi_cocina.
- Water - 2 liters
- Potatoes - 4, medium
- Eggs - 6 size L
- Yellowfin tuna - 300 g
- Mayonnaise - 450 g
- Olives stuffed with anchovy - 150 g
- Corn Totopos
- Put two liters of water in a pot.
- Wash the potatoes.
- Put the potatoes and eggs in the pot over high heat.
- Remove the eggs after 15 minutes and the potatoes after 40 minutes. Let them cool down.
- Grate the potato and the egg.
- Cut the olives into slices.
- Add the mayonnaise.
- Stir with enveloping movements until all the ingredients are completely mixed.
- Prepare the corn Totopos and put a tablespoon of salad on top, place a rolled anchovy fillet on top of each piece of salad.
Delicious. Thanks, Eli!
If you like this recipe, you can prepare it at home with:
Cantabrian anchovies in olive oil. 50 g tin
Cantabrian anchovy fillets in olive oil, carefully selected by Serrats, in olive oil.Buy
Tuna belly in olive oil 190 g
Yellowfin Tuna loins carefully selected by “Serrats” Preserves, in olive oil and packaged in a glass jar..Buy