Squid stuffed with meat and tuna
Do you want Squid stuffed with meat or fish? Encarni brings us the best solution for the undecided. Some squid stuffed with tuna and minced meat, accompanied by a tasty sauce. To lick your fingers! In addition, if you want to try more ideas, we invite you to visit her blog Receteando con Encarni.
- Medium / large squid - 12
- To make the filling
- White tuna - two cans (or one jar)
- Piquillo peppers - one can
- Boiled eggs - 4
- Squid legs
- Minced pork and beef - 200 g
- Fried tomato - 2 tablespoons
- Stuffed olives - one can
- To make the sauce
- Green peppers - 2
- Mature tomatoes - 2
- Onion - 1
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Bay - 2 leaves
- Flour - 3 tablespoons
- Virgin olive oil - a splash
- Saffron - a teaspoon
- White wine - 100 ml
- Fish soup - or water
- Chop all the vegetables into medium pieces.
- Heat a frying pan with the oil; add the garlic and onion with a pinch of salt; when the onion begins to poach, add the bay leaf, the pepper and the tomato; poach it all.
- Add the white wine and let the alcohol evaporate.
- Add the flour, stir everything well and leave a couple of minutes for the flour to cook and not be raw.
- Add water or fish soup little by little and without stopping stirring, until you get a thick sauce.
- Strain the sauce and reserve.
- Clean the squid by separating the legs (they can be cleaned at your fishmonger) and let them drain on kitchen paper, so that they release all their water.
- Cut the eggs, olives, piquillo peppers and squid legs into very small pieces (Encarni used a meat grinder to do this).
- In a frying pan with a little oil, put the squid legs; add the minced meat and mix everything well; when the minced meat is ready, add the eggs, the tuna, the piquillo peppers and the olives; stir well and add the fried tomato; let it cook for a couple of minutes and remove from the heat.
- With the help of a spoon, fill the squid and close them with a wooden stick.
- In a wide saucepan, place the squid and add the sauce on top; put it on medium heat for about 20 minutes. If the sauce is too thick, you can add a little more fish soup.
- Serve accompanied with two halves of boiled eggs.
Delicious. Thank you Encarni!
If you like this recipe, you can make it at home with the yellowfin tuna available in our online store.Buy