Although the Sicilian aubergine is a typically Mediterranean recipe, in this case it also has that Cantabrian touch that we like so much. Maria Teresa participates in our recipe contest with some delicious aubergines stuffed with light tuna and Cantabrian anchovies. Of course, there is no shortage of spices such as oregano. Appetizing, right? We leave you the recipe of María Teresa so that you can prepare these “Sicilian-Bermeo” aubergines this weekend.
- Aubergine - 1
- Garlic - two cloves
- Yellowfin tuna - one can
- Cantabrian anchovies - 6 fillets
- Crushed tomato - half a cup
- Capers - 1 tablespoon
- Ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Grated cheese for gratin
- Wash and open the aubergine in two halves; empty its contents, chop in brunoise and reserve.
- In a frying pan, add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and fry the garlic without turning brown.
- Add the pulp of the aubergine and tomato until the juices are consumed.
- Add all the spices, the shredded tuna and the Cantabrian anchovy fillets cut into three parts each.
- Stir and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Spread the dough on the aubergine boats and sprinkle them with grated cheese.
- Bake about 40 ‘at 180 ° C or until golden.
Delicious. Thank you, Maria Teresa!
If you like this recipe, you can prepare it at home with:
Cantabrian anchovies in olive oil. 50 g tin
Cantabrian anchovy fillets in olive oil, carefully selected by Serrats, in olive oil.Buy
Tuna belly in olive oil 190 g
Yellowfin Tuna loins carefully selected by “Serrats” Preserves, in olive oil and packaged in a glass jar..Buy