Sea flip flops
The little ones are almost back to school and we finish our recipe for kids contest with a perfect idea to celebrate the end of the summer: some delicious "sea flip flops" sent by Luis. A quick, fun snack that will give them the boost of energy they need for all their activities. They will help us prepare this simple snack made with salad, bread, a touch of anchovy flavor and White Tuna neck.
- Green olives
- Toasted red pepper
- Anchovies from The Bay of Biscay - one can
- White tuna neck - https://www.cookingwithserrats.com/recipes-for-kids/
- Loaf bread
- Cook the eggs and set aside.
- Cook the potatoes with skin until tender. Peel and cut into tiny pieces, and add a pinch of salt.
- Add the other ingredients, finely chopped: olives, carrots, roasted red pepper and boiled eggs.
- Drain the White Tuna neck and shred to incorporate it into the base of the salad.
- Mix everything with mayonnaise.
- Cut a baking paper mold in the shape of a flip flop, place on loaf bread, cut and toast.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of salad on each piece of bread, leaving the edges free.
- Place the anchovies split in half and cut diagonally to mimic the flip flop strips.
Yummy! Thanks Luis!
If you like this recipe, you can prepare it at home with:
Cantabrian anchovies in olive oil. 50 g tin
Cantabrian anchovy fillets in olive oil, carefully selected by Serrats, in olive oil.Buy
White tuna neck in olive oil 120 g
White Tuna neck, carefully selected by Conservas Serrats, covered with olive oil and presented in a metal container.Buy