Savory Tart of tomato, mozzarella and Cantabrian anchovies
There are ingredients that when combined are a success. In addition, if you browse this recipe blog, you will see that many of you combine Cantabrian anchovies with mozzarella. So does Lidia (Atrapada en mi cocina) with a spectacular salty tomato, mozzarella and anchovies tart.
A delicious proposal prepared with a base of homemade shortcrust pastry, ideal for cooking on the weekend. In addition, Lidia tells us that it can be eaten both hot and cold, so if there is any leftover (which is difficult because it is very good) you will have food to take on a picnic or in the tupperware.
- To make the shortcrust pastry base:
- Plain flour - 330 g
- Salt - a teaspoon
- Sugar - a teaspoon
- Cold butter - 170 g
- Water - 100 ml
- To make the filling:
- Crushed tomato - 400 g
- Garlic - two cloves
- Tomato concentrate - half tablespoon
- Red onion - one
- Fresh thyme - Mozzarella cheese
- Anchovies from the bay of Biscay
- Fresh rosemary - to decorate
- Mix the flour with the salt and the sugar.
- Add the butter and mix again.
- Add the water and mix to form a ball. Put it in the fridge for an hour.
- Put a little flour on the worktable and spread the dough with a rolling pin.
- Put the dough in a mold and cut off the excess. Put back in the fridge; this time, 30 minutes.
- Bake the dough in its mold, 15 minutes at 180 degrees, with some weight on top (for example some chickpeas).
- Remove weight and bake 5 more minutes.
- Fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato (crushed and concentrated) and the thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Cook everything for 15 minutes.
- Fill (not to the top) the shortcrust pastry already baked with this tomato sauce.
- Add the mozzarella balls and the olives.
- Bake it 15 minutes.
- Finally, put some Cantabrian anchovy fillets on top, decorate with fresh rosemary to serve.
Spectacular, ¡thanks, Lidia!
Cantabrian anchovies in olive oil. 85 g tin
If you like this recipe, you can prepare it at home with the Cantabrian anchovies available in our online store.Buy