Salty Christmas tree
Today we bring you an ideal starter for Christmas, a salty tree stuffed with cream cheese and Cantabrian anchovies. A very easy and beautiful recipe, in which the little ones of the house can also participate, shaping the tree, and cutting the stars with a cookie mold.
You can put it in the center of the table, and each diner is “tearing” the branches to get their canapé. The recipe is from Mónica, passionate about cooking who shares many more recipes on her Instagram account: @lacocinacon_monica, Don’t miss it!
- Cantabrian anchovies
- Cream cheese
- Butter puff pastry - 2
- Olives - green and black (to decorate)
- Egg - (to paint)
- Start by mixing the cream cheese, the cut anchovies and the crushed walnuts to taste. Mix well.
- Roll out one of the doughs, spread all the previous mixture, put the other dough stretched and cut it into the shape of the tree. Leftover dough can be used to make stars.
- When the shape of the tree is done, make cuts on the sides and twist it. Paint well with beaten egg and decorate with olives.
- Put in the preheated oven with heat up and down at 180 ºC, for as long as you want it.
Easy, rich and pretty. Thanks Monica!
Cantabrian anchovies in olive oil. 50 g tin
If you like this recipe, you can prepare it at home with the Cantabrian anchovies available in our online store.Buy