Roasted tricolor pepper salad with white tuna
The result of combining Roasted peppers with White Tuna or Cantabrian Anchovies in a salad is always a delight. However, if we also combine three types of peppers and add the special touches that Javier proposes, we can turn it into a work of art.
Healthy, rich, showy and colorful. We encourage you to prepare this salad at home and if you want to see more of Javier’s recipes, you can visit his blog, ¡¡Oído cocina!!,, where you will find all kinds of scrumptious ideas.
- Roasting peppers - one red, one green, and one yellow
- Red onion - one
- Extra virgin olive oil
- White tuna in olive oil
- Wakame seaweed
- Smoked paprika flakes
- Salt with flowers
- Arugula and lamb’s lettuce - some leaves
- *To make the Salmorejo
- Ripe red tomatoes - 750 g
- Garlic - a piece of a clove (depends on taste)
- Green pepper - 35 g
- Bread (preferably “Telera”-typical Andalusian bread to make salmorejo) - 50 g (if we like it denser, we can add a little more)
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Extra virgin olive oil - 120 ml
- Reserve Sherry Vinegar - 15 ml (optional)
- We can have the salmorejo prepared in advance: clean the tomatoes, put all the Ingredients in the blender glass, and beat them. With the amounts indicated by Javier, much more salmorejo comes out than we need for the recipe, so we can take advantage of it to enjoy it at another time.
- In a baking dish, put the three clean peppers and the peeled red onion. Cover with aluminum foil and bake them at 180ºC for approximately 2 hours.
- Take out of the oven, let them temper for a few minutes and put the peppers in a plastic bag so that they sweat and thus be able to remove the skin more easily later.
- When they have been inside the bag for a while, remove the peppers, remove the skin and cut them into equal pieces.
- Cut the onion into strips and put it in the center of the plate with the help of a mold. On it, put a good piece of White Tuna.
- Around the onion, make another circle alternating the three peppers.
- Between the onion and the peppers, add a little salmorejo and some wakame seaweed pearls.
- Add a stream of extra virgin olive, salt with flowers and smoked paprika flakes.
A showy and colorful delight. Thanks Javier!
If you like this recipe, you can prepare it at home with:
White Tuna in Olive Oil. 250 g jar
White Tuna (Albacore) loins carefully selected by “Serrats” Preserves, in olive oil and packaged in a glass jar.Buy