Rice salad with tomato and pickled White Tuna
The summer officially begins tomorrow and we think the best way to celebrate is by making the recipe for rice salad with tomato and pickled white tuna, sent to us by Eneko. This is not the first rice salad that we have published in our recipe contest and I'm sure it won’t be the last. It's a tasty dish that can be made in lots of different ways, each with its own special touches. In this case, the delicious pink tomato (with its spectacular flavour and texture) and the flavour of the soused tuna are the stars of the show.
In addition, it’s a recipe that can be made in a flash. Eneko says that you can even use a tub of rice pre-cooked in the microwave.
- Cook the rice (or put the bowl of pre-cooked rice in the microwave, following the manufacturer's instructions). Allow to cool.
- Cut the tomato into cubes.
- Finely chop a piece of green pepper.
- Mix the ingredients together with the tuna in pickled sauce.
- Drizzle with a good dose of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. To appreciate all the flavour of the soused tuna, vinegar is not used.
- Serve in individual bowls.
Quick, filling and delicious. Thanks, Eneko!
Pickled White Tuna (escabeche). 120 g can
If you like this recipe, you can make it at home with the pickled White Tuna available in our online store.Buy