Potato canapé with orange cheese and Cantabrian anchovy
Combining Cantabrian anchovies and cheese is very common in pintxos and canapés. As always, using quality ingredients, we can get delicious bites with little effort; but if we also add imagination and affection, we can enjoy an experience of another level.
Silvia, of Mi dulce tentación, proposes to us these surprising potato canapes with cheese and anchovies, with a very special touch- the mixture of cream cheese with orange zest and chopped pickles. We encourage you to try this recipe and tell us what you think.
- Flat potato chips
- Creamy cheese spread
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- Cantabrian anchovies - 4 fillets
- Small pickles - 2 (or 10 capers)
- “Shred” the Cantabrian anchovies with a little bit of their own oil with a fork. Reserve.
- Beat the cheese to loosen firmness and add the finely chopped pickles (or capers) and the orange zest. Mix it up.
- Put a teaspoon of the cheese mixture on each potato.
- Add a small pile of the crushed anchovies to each potato.
Simply delicious. Thanks, Silvia!
Cantabrian anchovies in olive oil. 50 g tin
If you like this recipe, you can prepare it at home with the Cantabrian anchovies available in our online store.Buy