Pink risotto with anchovy and a basil twist
Your guests will be pleasantly surprised if you serve them a pink risotto at your next meal together. And with a taste of the ocean in the form of Cantabrian anchovies, you’ll receive no end of praise. Check out the recipe sent in by Sonia from Recetas Binisonia!
- Boil the beetroot and mash it a little. Keep some of the beetroot liquid to one side.
- Boil the rice with a pinch of salt and a few fresh basil leaves.
- Mix the beetroot pulp and liquid with the boiled rice. After mixing well, the dish will be 'tinted’ an attractive pink and the beetroot pieces evenly dispersed.
- Use a spoon to transfer the mixture into a round mould.
- Leave to cool and turn out from the mould.
- To serve, place a few Serrats anchovy fillets on top and garnish with a few small basil leaves.
Tasty, fresh and aromatic. Thanks Sonia!