Onions stuffed with white tuna
Have you tried onions stuffed with white tuna? They may be less known than other stuffed vegetables but once you try them you’ll want more. As there is more than one way to skin a cat, we can find lots of different versions of this recipe from Asturian cuisine. The ingredients that go with the white tuna inside the onion can vary. Today we would like to introduce you to Sonia’s version (Recetas Binisonia), which uses the best part of white tuna: the belly.
Take note: this is a really simple recipe with a surprising result.
- Bake the onions until they are tender.
- Remove a little onion from the centre with a teaspoon, leaving a hole.
- In a frying pan, mix together the removed onion, white tuna belly, tomato sauce and a pinch of salt over a low heat.
- Let simmer for a few minutes, then remove from the heat and fill each onion with the mixture.
- Bake lightly for a few minutes.
- Add bits of tuna belly on top.
- Serve on a plate or tray.
An easy and appetizing recipe. Thanks, Sonia!