Mini onion “Cocas” with peppers and sardines
Although Coca cake (both with onion and salty and other varieties) is a recipe of Mediterranean origin, the version that Comida de Diez sends us has a touch of the Bay of Biscay that makes it even more delicious: our canned sardines.
In addition, among all our “txikis” sardines, they have chosen sardines in olive oil with Espelette paprika. A gold powder that gives them color, a delicious flavor and a slight spicy touch...
We encourage you to prepare this recipe at home. And to make it easier, at the end of the post you will find the video recipe of Comida de Diez. Bon Appetite!
- Pizza dough - 1
- Small sardines with paprika - 1 can
- Red onion - 2
- Red pepper
- Goat cheese
- Homemade tomato sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Paprika flakes
- Cut the onion into thin slices and poach it with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt.
- Roast the pepper in the oven. Once roasted, peel it and remove the seeds. Cut it into strips.
- Cut the dough into 10 pieces and bake it for about 12 minutes so that it cooks a little.
- Take the dough out of the oven. Place a layer of tomato sauce on each piece of dough.
- On top, place a layer of onion and pieces of red pepper.
- Finally, place the crumbled goat cheese.
- Bake a few more minutes until the dough is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove the Cocas and add the sardines, a little oil from the can and some paprika flakes.
Exquisite, thank you Lidia and Cristina!
Small sardines in olive oil with Espelette paprika
If you liked the recipe, you can prepare it at home with the sardines that you will find in our online store.Comprar