Melon and avocado salad with cockles
The melon is a fruit that almost everyone likes and, in addition, it gives a lot of play in the kitchen. Beyond the typical recipe for melon with ham, It can be mixed with marinated tuna, with anchovies... and with cockles! Pay attention to the idea that David (Recetas bon appetit) sends us: an original and refreshing Melon and avocado salad with cockles.
David takes advantage of the melon rind to make a salad that achieves an exquisite contrast of flavors, combining the melon in balls, with the avocado and our canned cockles. In addition, he adds the refreshing touch of mint and a mixture of arugula and lamb’s lettuce, seasoned with a touch of lime.
- Cantaloupe melon - 1
- Natural cockles - one or two cans
- Wild asparagus - 8
- Cherry tomatoes - 12
- Avocado - 1
- Arugula - 60 g
- Lamb’s lettuce - 60 g
- Mint - 5 leaves
- Lime - 1
- Olive oil
How to prepare the ingredients:
- Wash the asparagus and cut them into 3 pieces. Cook them in boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Cool them in very cold water and drain them.
- Then, cut the ends of the melon so that it stands firm. Open in half and remove the seeds with a spoon.
- With a baller, make melon balls until almost all the pulp is used up (you don’t have to reach the base of the melon because it will serve as bowls to put the salad in).
- Empty the melon, giving it a rounded shape on the inside. Set apart the two melon shells.
- Place the melon balls in a bowl together with the minced mint, wild asparagus and cherry tomatoes (previously washed and cut in half).
- Open the avocado in half, empty it and cut the meat into cubes. Add them to the previous bowl together with the previously drained cockles. Mix it up.
- In another bowl, place the arugula and lamb’s lettuce.
- For the vinaigrette, mix the lime juice, a pinch of salt and the olive oil. Pour it over the arugula and lamb’s lettuce.
How to make the recipe:
- Inside the melon shells, first introduce the melon balls, with the minced mint, the wild asparagus, the cherry tomatoes, the avocado and the cockles.
- Place the mixture of arugula and seasoned lamb’s lettuce on top.
Original and refreshing. Thanks, David!
Cockles, 115 g can
If you like this recipe, you can make it at home with the cockles available in our online store.Buy