Lima Tuna Causa bitxuna style
Today the salad recipe contest takes us to Peru! We present you the Lima Cause of tuna that Eva sends us, a traditional Peruvian recipe, adapted to her style, the @bitxuna style (we recommend her Instagram account, where you will find more recipes).
The "Causa” is a typical starter of Peruvian gastronomy. Formerly it was prepared with yellow potato, but it can be made with any other variety of potato. It is a kind of salad in the shape of a timbale or cake, which is prepared on a seasoned potato base and with various fillings, such as the tuna used by Eva.
If you have never eaten it, now you have the opportunity to prepare it at home. Let’s do it!
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon or lime juice
- Sweet corn - one can
- White tuna in olive oil - 4 cans or 2 jars
- Avocado - one
- Cook the potatoes and drain them.
- Add salt, a dash of olive oil and lemon or lime juice to taste. Crush to make mashed potatoes.
- Mix the drained tuna, a small can of sweet corn, mayonnaise and a splash of lemon or lime juice in a bowl.
- Put the ingredients using a ring : a layer of mashed potato, a layer of tuna mixture, a layer of diced avocado and another layer of mashed potatoes.
Simply delicious ... Thank you Eva!
Yellowfin tuna. 212 g jar
If you like this recipe, you can make it at home with the yellowfin tuna available in our online store.Buy