Homemade quiche with spinach and tuna belly
Quiche is a salty cake typical of French cuisine. Its origin is the region of Lorraine (quiche lorraine) but it has spread throughout the country (and much of the world). Moreover, it is not surprising because, in addition to being very rich, it is a very versatile recipe, which admits all kinds of fillings, although our favorites are quiches with canned fish.
Now, Cristina send us this delicious quiche with spinach and tuna belly with homemade dough. We encourage you to take note of the recipe and make it at home. Whether you have never made a quiche, or if you are already fan at this French recipe, this recipe is ideal to learn how to make it from the beginning, making the dough at home.
- For the quiche:
- Wheat flour - 200 g
- Extra virgin olive oil - 50 g
- Water - 65 g
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon
- For the filling:
- Spinach leaves - 300 g
- Garlic - one clove
- Tuna belly - 400 g
- Light cream for cooking - 200 ml (or soy cream for cooking)
- Eggs - 3
- Salt - one teaspoon
- Black pepper - a little bit
- Pine nuts
For the dough:
- Put the flour in a bowl (or in the mixer) and add the sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Make a hole in the center and add the water. Mix with your hands or with the mixer.
- Add the oil and continue mixing. Make a ball and let it rest for half an hour in a bowl covered with plastic wrap, in a cool place or in the fridge.
- After half an hour, roll out the dough with a rolling pin and place it in a circular mold. Let it rest for later.
For the filling:
- Chop the garlic and put it in a pan. Add the spinach leaves and cook it for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the three eggs like an omelet and mix with the kitchen cream. Add salt, pepper, raisins and pine nuts. Mix it up.
- Add the spinach to the mixture. Mix again and pour the mixture over the dough previously spread on a circular mold.
- Spread some tuna belly flakes from Conservas Serrats on top, introducing them a little between the spinach.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 180 ºC with heat up and down.
Enjoy! Thanks Cristina.
White tuna belly 120 g can
If you like this recipe, you can prepare it at home with the white tuna belly available at our online store.Buy