Escalivada timbale with White Tuna Nape
Check out the escalivada timbale that Margarita has sent us! The author of the blog Entre amigos is already a veteran of our recipe competition and we always really enjoy her dishes. We suggest you make at home this tasty escalivada timbale with pickled tomato, crowned with an amazing product: our White Tuna Neck. What a wonder for the palate!
- White Tuna neck
- Pink tomato
- Pear tomato
- Olive oil
- Roast the aubergines, peppers and onion in the oven.
- Meanwhile, heat some olive oil, some garlic, peppercorns and bay leaf a saucepan to make a pickle. Fry until the garlic is brown, add water and vinegar in equal parts, let boil for a few minutes, turn off and let stand.
- Peel the pink tomatoes, cut them into regular-sized pieces, and add them to the pickle.
- When the vegetables are grilled, peel the peppers and cut them into strips; remove the flesh from the aubergines and cut it into pieces. Cut up the onion too.
Season with olive oil and salt.
- Peel the pear tomato and cut into very thin slices.
- With the help of a plating ring, assemble the timbale:
- Place the slices of pear tomato in a circle.
- Place the escalivada at the bottom.
- Add the pickled sliced tomato on top of the escalivada.
- Top with chunks of white tuna nape.
- Add a little pickled tomato on top.
- Around the timbale, add the nuts crushed in the mortar with olive oil and a little vinegar.
This dish can be served warm or cold from the fridge.
Really tasty. Thank you, Margarita!
White tuna neck 120 g can
If you like this recipe, you can prepare it at home with the white tuna neck (cogote) available at our online store.Buy