Christmas sardine canapes
December is very close! ❄ Christmas! This year the tables are smaller, but there is no shortage of the delicious Christmas canapés, that you are sending to our contest. Today we present Margarita’s proposal, from the blog "Entre amigos": small sardine canapés that they look amazing.
- Small sardines in olive oil - one can
- Piquillo peppers
- Green pepper - 1
- Red potatoes
- Garlic - 1
- Egg white - 1
- Japanese-style breadcrumbs Panko
- Sliced bread with pumpkin seeds
- Poppy seeds
- Olive oil
- Candied cherry tomato - (optional)
- Peel the potatoes and steam them with water and salt.
- Once cooked, mash them with a fork; add paprika, olive oil and pepper. Divide into portions with the desired size to make the canapes.
- Put a frying pan on the fire with a little olive oil and brown the potato portions a little on each side.
- Scoop out and coat the sides with poppy seeds.
- Cut the piquillo peppers into strips and fry them in a pan with sliced garlic.
- In another pan, fry the green pepper.
- Cut the sliced bread with seeds into pieces the same size as the potato portions and brown them in a pan with a little olive oil.
- Beat the egg white, dip the sardines, coat them with the Panko and fry them in olive oil.
- Assemble the canapés: the base of the sliced bread, the potato bars with paprika, the peppers, a candied cherry tomato (optional) and the sardines battered in Panko.
Amazing! Thank you, Margarita.
Spicy sardines in olive oil. 120 g can
If you like this recipe, you can make it at home with the spicy sardines available in our online store.Buy