Christmas canapés: Tuna pudding mini sandwich
It’s time to think about the first canapés for Christmas! This time, Rosalía at Rossgastronómica has prepared a tuna pudding mini sandwich that is delicious.
- For the tuna puding
- Yellowfin tuna in olive oil - two tins (or one jar)
- Boiled eggs - 1
- Creme fraiche - 150 g
- Tomato sauce - 2 tablespoons
- Eggs - 2
- Bread crumbs - 2 tablespoons
- Grated cheese - 2 tablespoons
- Other ingredients
- Onion jam
- Pearls of smoked paprika
- Sliced bread with black sesame - (without crust)
- Mayonnaise - 2 tablespoons
- American mustard - 1 teaspoon
- Put the drained tuna (keep the oil), boiled egg, tomato sauce, and bread crumbs in a container. Mash together until the mixture becomes a smooth cream without lumps. Put aside.
- Whisk together the 2 raw eggs, a little salt and pepper and the Creme Fraiche. Put aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the two mixtures, mix and add the grated cheese. Stir to blend all the ingredients. Adjust salt if required.
- Pour the dough into a microwave-safe mould (silicone or glass).
If using a silicone mould, insert the dough directly without oiling the mould.
If using a glass mould, lightly oil the interior in order to make removing it easier.
- Once the dough is in the chosen mould, cover with transparent film and cook in the microwave for 7 minutes at maximum power (800 w).
- After cooking, turn off the oven and leave the pudding inside to cool.
Assembling the sandwiches
- Flatten the bread slices with a rolling pin and cut into 4 equal squares.
- Toast them in a frying pan with a few drops of the olive oil from the tuna.
- Cut pudding squares the same size as the bread.
- Spread a little onion marmalade on the inside of the bread and insert a pudding square between them. The marmalade acts like a glue and holds the pudding together.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the mustard and put three dots of this mixture on each sandwich.
- Topped with three pearls of smoked paprika.
Crunchy on the outside, creamy on the inside. A delicious snack. Thank you, Rosalia!
If you like this recipe, you can prepare it at home with:
Yellowfin tuna. 212 g jar
Yellowfin Tuna loins carefully selected by “Serrats” Preserves, in olive oil.Buy