Christmas canapes: tuna and spicy sardines
Yesterday, we revealed the winners of the Elbullirdeagus blog contest. Today, we suggest one of them as a Christmas canapé (outside our contest) to celebrate the end of the year in style. Ana's tuna and sardines spicy "ferreros" are an ideal finger food to surprise your guests.
- Cooked white rice
- Spicy sardines - one can
- Yellowfin tuna in olive oil - 3 cans
- Mozzarella cheese - one bag
- Ketchup - one small glass
- Ground chili pepper
- For the batter
- Eggs - 2
- Barbecue flavored fried corn strips - one bag
- Peanuts - 100 g
- Walnuts - 100 g
- Special frying oil
- Place the cooked rice in a bowl and add the drained tuna, the sardines crushed with a fork (with all the juice of the can), the glass of ketchup, the cheese, the salt and the chili pepper. Stir well to integrate everything, taste and adjust salt if necessary. Cover the bowl and let stand in the refrigerator for minimum one hour.
- For the "crocanti batter", grind the ingredients with a food processor (corn strips, peanuts and walnuts), leaving some bits on purpose.
- Form balls with the dough of the first step and dip into the beaten egg, the crocanti, and again into the egg and the crocanti. This last layer should be generous. Tighten the balls so they are well attached.
- Fry, let drain on kitchen paper and add in the capsules.
Crunchy and delicious!
* Recipe presented by Ana García at the “Cocina con Conservas de Pescado 2018” contest on the elbullirdeagus.com website and the elbullirdeagus.com Facebook cooking group sponsored by Conservas Serrats.
If you like this recipe, you can prepare it at home with:
Spicy sardines in olive oil. 120 g can
The spicy sardines of Conservas Serrats are cleaned by hand, preserved in the best olive oil and presented in a metal container..Buy
Yellowfin tuna in olive oil. 212 g jar
Yellowfin tuna fillets, carefully selected by Conservas Serrats and covered with olive oil.Buy